German Department Resources

German TA Resources

UC Employment Policy

Orientation Resources

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I get credit (units) for my work as a TA? 50% TAs may sign up for 4 units of GER 396.  Visit grad staff offices for the CRN.  Make sure to sign up for the section led by your TA Supervisor.
  • How do I sign up for an independent study (GER 299, 299D) since I've completed my coursework?  Visit grad staff offices for the CRN and complete a variable unit course request form when you meet with the instructor. You must enroll in sisweb using the CRN.
  • Am I eligible for financial assistance for Childcare costs? See for information on the different childcare subsidies to learn which one(s) you may qualify for.

Graduate Studies Forms

As of April 1, 2024, all Graduate Studies forms - QE applications, Advancement to Candidacy forms, Petitions for Exception to Policy, DE Applications, etc. - must be submitted in GradSphere.